Selvaggio Blu (Wild Blue) trek, Sardinia east coastJune 14, 2021
Ski Touring in 4 valleys: Varaita, Maira, Grana, SturaJune 27, 2021
Month of the year: January – May
Duration: 8 days
Departure: see Scheduled Tours or contact us
Tour code: LT21012
Destination area: Adamello-Cevedale, Italy
Activities: Ski touring/ Ski mountaineering
The Adamello-Cevedale- Ortles mountain massif is located in the Central Alps of Italy, more precisely in the Southern Rhaetian range (Alpi Retiche meridionali). It hosts among the largest glaciers laying entirely in the italian territory; the highest peaks are at 3500 – 3900 m elevation asl. Most of its territory lays witihin the Stelvio National Park, a protected area of unique beauty.
Acces points are on west side from valle Camonica, the valley famous for its ancient rock carvings (dating back to mesolithic age) which are UNESCO heritage, on north side from Martello valley (South Tyrol) and on east side from Brenta valley.
The area offers exceptional opportunities of beatiful ski-mountaineering adventures, either single day tours or multi-days hut-to-hut tours (haute route).
We propose here two programmes, one most suitable to winter season, and one to spring season including multi-days tours.
Each programme may vary according to the mountain conditions and to the team’s technical level and wishes. As usual, we organize fully customized tours for pre-established parties.
- (winter only): one or more days of freeride in the ski resort of Tonale pass, Peio, Solda, Madonna di Campiglio,
- one or more days of steep skiing, mostly dedicated to the search of the steeper slopes and couloirs, for highly skilled skiers only;
- (spring only): 2-days extensions for the ascent and descent of Mount Ortles 3905 m, the highest peak of the massif (for advanced ski-mountaineers), or Presanella 3558 m. or Cima di Piazzi 3439 m.
OTHERS SKI TOURING PROGRAMMES IN THE NEARBY REGIONS
- Solda valley and Ortles – Stelvio pass
- upper Valtellina (Bormio and Santa Caterina di Valfurva mountain resorts)
- Peio valley on the southern side of the Cevedale massif
- Rendena valley (Madonna di Campiglio mountain resort) and Brenta Dolomites
-> CONTACT US FOR A FULLY CUSTOMIZED TOUR OR ANY SPECIAL PROJECT