Ski Touring and Freeride in Tyrol: KaunertalNovember 26, 2020
Ski Touring and Freeride with fantasy, DolomitesDecember 9, 2020
Mont of the year: January to April
Duration: 8 days
Departure: see Scheduled Tours or contact us
Tour code: LT20001
Destination area: Aosta valley, Italy
Activities: Ski touring/ Ski mountaineering, Freeride
The Aosta valley region, in nortwestern Italy, features a continuos range of mountains, including Grand Paradiso, Mont Blanc, and Mont Rose. Here we propose a tour of 6 net days of ski touring, each day in a different valley, as to get a quite complete taste of the immense possibilities of this excpetional area.
Indeed we made up two programmes, an easy one, with moderate vertical gains and no climbing skills required, and a moderately difficult one, with more vertical and some climbing passages. However, both take place at maximum elevations of 3000-3400 m, mosty suitable for the end of the winter or beginnng of the spring (february to mid april).
Given the great extension of the area, it will be possible to choose the best slope orientation and itinerary for the day, according to the snow conditions and wheather.
Accomodation will be in hotel or apartment in a location well centered with regards to the itineraries, as to mimimize the daily transfers.
- Steep Skiing: for a team of technical skiers we can propose various itineraries with steep lines and couloirs.
- One or more nights in a mountain hut.
- Mix of ski-touring and freeride (using lifts) days.
- Extensions of one or more days.
OTHERS SKI TOURING PROGRAMMES IN AOSTA VALLEY
- One week of ski-touring dedicated to one valley specifically, such as Mont Blanc- La Thuile, Valpelline, Valgrisenche, Val di Rhemes, Valsavaranche, Val di Cogne, Valtournanche (Cervinia), Val d’Ayas (Champoluc), Valle del Lys (Gressoney), Champorcher.
- More challenging tours at 4000 m altitude and beyond, with glacier crossing, for late spring (april to june).
- Multi-days raid hut-to-hut (haute route).