Ski-mountaineering courses (3 levels)May 1, 2021
Ski Touring in the Adamello – Cevedale group, ItalyJune 21, 2021
gallery: (7) Arbatax Park, (10) Sardinia Experience, (12) Camping Gianna
SELVAGGIO BLU is the most famous trekking of Sardinia, and probably the most beautiful.
In 5 or 6 days you walk and climb along the fabulous coast of the gulf of Orosei, crossing holm oak forests, myrtle and juniper thickets, rocky plateaus, canyons, caves, vertical cliffs and secluded sand beaches. You find old shepherds shelters, old charcoal miners trails, and ancient nuraghes, all this to witness a long story of civilization in these rough highlands..
The itinerary is named “blu” due to the intense colour of the sea, and is “wild” indeed because of the nature and the fact that there are no roads nor inhabited villages along the way. The team has therefore to be self-sufficient for the whole trek.
After many years, we have decided to partner with a local staff for logistic support. Every evening, at a pre-defined location, fresh food and water are brought by boat by the staff, along with all the necessary equipment for the night (tent, sleeping bags, clothes change). Thanks to this organization, hikers carry just a small rucksack with a few personal items and drinks (there are no water sources along the trek).
The walk is rather challenging: in an average 6 hours daily effort, there are easy trail sections as well as climbing passages on rocks and rappels. The use of harness and ropes is required, and often the route finding is not obvious at all. This is why we offer the assistance of local qualified guides.
The best period is april to june and september-october. Spring is perfect for the gorgeous blossoming of the mediterranean flora, whereas autunm is great to enjoy swimming in warm sea waters. July and august are too hot for such a tour.
Selvaggio Blu is well suitable for hikers with a good fitness level and the basic skills to walk on equipped trail sections (via ferrata), climb grade 3 rock sections with rope belaying and rappelling. People suffering dizziness are not recommended to undertake this tour.
WHY JOINING US IN THIS TOUR ?
- We follow the original itinerary of the first explorers, still the most logical and scenic track; it was studied as to best connect the ancient paths of the miners and shepherds.
- We utilize the service of local qualified english-speaking guides who know the itinerary extremely well and also provide interesting information on the local culture, geology, flora, and fauna.
- We offer free of charge the rental of tent, sleeping pad, harness and helmet as well as airport transfers
- We utilize the best local services for the supply of fresh food and camping gear. Personalized food for dietary meals is available on request.
- We form small groups of max. 6 participants (of similar skills and fitness) per guide
- Whenever possible along the tour we offer short excursion on sea, by dinghy or kayak.
- We strictly observe the environmental rules by taking back all waste and leaving no trace of our visit.
- In case of need, any participant may be evacuated to nearby villages from any leg of the tour.
*** OPTIONAL VARIANTS OR EXTENSIONS ***
-> Logistic support only for independent teams (no guide assistance provided)
-> Light version of SELVAGGIO BLU: same duration and similar route of the original trek, but avoiding all technical sections.
-> 1 day extension (at the end of the tour): trekking of Su Gorropu, a spectacular canyon from the inland down to the sea, or Cala Gonone
-> 1 or more days of rock climbing in cala Goloritze and/or mountain biking in the area;
-> Upon request we offer any tourist extension to the northeastern coast of Sardinia, including short sailing cruises.
-> 1-2 days gastronomic extension to taste both sea and mountain specialities of the Ogliastra region.