Ski Touring Haute Route Berner OberlandDecember 19, 2020
Ski-mountaineering courses (3 levels)May 1, 2021
The Primiero valley is situated in the heart of Dolomites. From the low altitude forests to the foots of the rocky towers typical of the region, hundreds of trails are awaiting the avid bikers willing to test their skill and fitness in this unique environment.
Here we propose 5 days of riding, accompanied by a local guide, with the objective to explore the whole area. The tours may be adapted to the technical and physical level of the team, but on average we foresee 800 – 1400 m of vertical on each tour, partially (and optionally) utilizing the lifts to gain some altitude.
Terrain varies from compact ground, to gravel and hard rock, and also some river crossings; trails are a mix of forest roads and single tracks.
This great adventure is even more pleasant by taking advantage of the local delicious cuisine and the choice of some optional extra activities, such as canyoning, rock climbing, trekking, paragliding.
- 5 days raid, with personal baggage transferred by 4WD vehicle (mtb safari)
- 5 days full downhill in bike parks (uphill by lifts)
- one or more extra days for trekking, canyoning, rock climbing, paragliding.
OTHER SIMILAR MOUNTAIN BIKE PROGRAMMES IN THE DOLOMITES
- Fiemme valley – Carezza lake – Pampeago
- Fassa valley
- tour of Sella group (Sella Ronda)
- Puster valley -Dobbiaco -Sesto
- around Cortin
–> CONTACT US for any other project you may be interested in !-
Arrival in the Primiero valley (San Martino di Castrozza and around), via plane or car depending on the location of residence. For those arriving by plane, the nearest airports are Innsbruck 191 km, Venice 136 km, Verona 188 km.
Accomodation in hotel or apartment, dinner and check of equipment and gear.
Five net days of mountain biking in the area, each day generally with return to the accomodation for overnight. Long transfer or returns by road will be carried out with the support of a van.
Maximum elevations are in the range of 2600 m.
Among the many possible tours:
– Passo Rolle – val Venegia traverse;
– Passo Rolle – lower valley Primiero;
– Pale di San Martino traverse (from San Martino to San Lucano valley, uphill with the Rosetta cable car to 2640 m; long descent to 800 m elevation);
– San Martino – Caoria traverse;
– (optional) one full day at Tognola bike park.
Transfer back to the airport for the return flights.
The programme may change in relation to the conditions of the mountain and to the team’s requirements. The definite choice of an itinerary will be taken on site considering the safety criteria as appropriate.
Services & Notes
Accomodation: hotel or guesthouse.
Local transfers: minivan
Services included: all accomodation in hotel or apartment; all breakfasts and dinners; assistance of a mountain bike guide; planning of the itineraries and maps; local transfers by minivan.
Optional services: flights; insurance; rental of bike, helmet, protections; variations or extentions to the programme.
Special notes: each tour will have a soft (less demanding) variant. Teams will be made up of bikers with similar characteristics of skill, fitness, and biking style.
See “KEY DEFINITIONS” for detailed definitions and extra information on the above.
FITNESS 3 TECHNICAL 3 ADVENTURE 2
See “KEY DEFINITIONS” for the explanation of the above scoring
Tour period and dates
The period (month of the year) given for the tour is indicatively the most recommended for optimun conditions for the planned activities. Different periods are possible.
If the tour is included in the Scheduled Tours list (yearly planner), the departure date is the one given in the planner; otherwise it will be decided according to the requests we have received. In any case we suggest to contact us for more precise information. In customized tours, departure date and duration are established according to customer’s request.
By means of the scores given in the tour decsription sheet we wish to provide an indicative assessment of the challenges to be expected, divided in the following three categories:
- Grade 1: adult performing a minimum sport activity (4-8 hours/week), or teenager in medium fitness conditions
- Grade 2: adult performing sport activity (8-16 hours/week) or teenager in good fitness conditions
- Grade 3: adult performing regular sport activity (16-20 hours/week) or teenager in very good fitness conditions
- Grade 4: adult only, regularly performing sport activity and intense training (more than 20 hours/week)
- Grade1: no prior experience in the activity is required, just a natural predisposition
- Grade 2: prior experience in the activity as beginner to medium level
- Grade 3: prior experience in the activity at medium to high level, with regular practice since min. 3-5 years
- Grade 4: excellent technical skills with long experience in the activity (more than 5 years)
- Grade 1: no prior experience in adventure travel id required, just a positive attitude to adapt
- Grade 2: prior, yet limited, experience in adventure travel, with a strong attitude to adapt and determination
- Grade 3: prior experience in adventure travel including remote area and wilderness, or extreme wheather, or uncertainty in route finding
- Grade 4: prior experience in adventure travel including remote area and wilderness, or extreme wheather, or uncertainty in route finding, strong determination to overcome unforeseen events
The type of accomodation as planned is indicated in the tour sheet (hotel, lodge, tents, etc..).
The means of local transfers are indicated as planned (flight, bus, 4WD vehicle, ferry, etc.). Some changes are possible in relation to the actual availability on site and/or wheather conditions and road access.
Service included and Prices
We do not have a price list. Quotes are sent on request only. Details of services included, excluded, or optionally available, will be specified in the quote and confirmed at the time of booking. Prices depend on the number of participants and on any specific requirements by the group; they will be definitely set at the time of booking and after definiton of all tour details and confirmation of dates.
Special prices may be granted for pre-established groups, clubs and associations, guides with own clients, active athletes, tour operators and travel agents, journalists, physicians, rescue operators, schools, staff of organization running an humanitarian or research project.