Ski Touring in six valleys, western Aosta regionDecember 7, 2020
Ski touring on Etna Volcano (summit and traverse), SicilyDecember 12, 2020
Mont of the year: January to April
Duration: 8 days
Departure: see Scheduled Tours or contact us
Tour code: LT20002
Destination area: Dolomites Italy
Activities: Ski touring/ Ski mountaineering, Freeride
Cover photo credit: ©King of Dolomites
Gallery photo credits: ©King of Dolomites, ©F.Tremolada, Avalco Travel, Cyprianerhof
The wide area of Dolomites (UNESCO heritage site) in an absolute must go for all mountaineers. When covered by snow, these majestic mountains are even more impressive and attractive. Forests, open slopes, sharp edges, couloir between rock towers: the skier has such a variety of terrain to make an adventure here a memorable one.
We propose here a programme including six days of ski-mountaineering with the idea of visiting each day a different valley. This flexibility also helps to use both fantasy and experience as to select less known itineraries and get the highest chance to search for and ultimately find the best snow conditions.
Vertical gain and technical difficulty will be adjusted according to the skill and experience of the team; maximum elevations reached will be 2600 -3300 m. Marmolada is the only glacier in the Dolomites and a visit there is foreseen in the programme.
Some routes may require a partial utilization of ski lifts.
The ideal period for this tour is the end of winter or beginnng of spring (february and march)
Accomodation will be in hotel or apartment in a location well centered with regards to the itineraries, as to mimimize the daily transfers.
- Mix of ski-touring and freeride (using lifts) days.
- Steep Skiing: for a team of technical skiers we can propose various itineraries with steep lines and couloirs.
- One or more nights in a mountain hut.
- Extensions of one or more days.
OTHERS SKI TOURING PROGRAMMES IN THE DOLOMITES
- One week of ski-touring dedicated to one valley specifically, such as Fassa valley, Badia valley, Gardena valley, Brenta Dolomites, Cortina, Alleghe-Zoldo, Sexten Dolomites, Sella group.
- More challenging tour with higher technical grade and more vertical gain/loss (march and april).
- Multi-days raid hut-to-hut (haute route).